Accessible Psychological Interventions (API) is a free mental health service for eligible people with mild to moderate mental health needs who live in South Eastern Melbourne, providing flexible psychological supports that are matched to your needs.
Support may include cognitive-behavioural therapy, skills training, psycho-education, relaxation strategies and other evidence-based interventions.
API Services are available for people who live or work in South Eastern Melbourne and can't afford to access similar psychological support.
People in the following groups are especially encouraged to refer:
- Children under the age of 12
- People living in residential aged care facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People experiencing homelessness
- People at risk of self-harm
- People who have difficulty understanding the English language
- Culturally diverse people
- Women who suffer depression around childbirth and up to 1 year afterwards
- People with substance use disorders
- People who have experienced family violence
Referral & Inquiries
Referral to API services can be made by anyone; including GPs and other health providers, schools, social services, other organisations or you can refer yourself by calling South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (SEMPHN) 1800 862 363 (business hours only)
The API service has been made possible by funding from South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network.