Social Support Group and Individual Support Facilitator
Full time - Mornington
Based on the Mornington Peninsula and with offices also in the Casey and Cardinia area, Mentis Assist provides support for people with diagnosed and enduring mental illness.
The Social Support Group and Individual Support Facilitator will work across our State and Commonwealth HACC funded programs. This is a full time role based in our Mornington office.
No two days will be the same in this exciting, challenging and rewarding role. You will be assisting vulnerable clients with mental health conditions, aged 50 years and over, in both group and individual settings to:
- Develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to make decisions and choices about their support needs
- Learn or relearn skills and develop confidence required for activities of daily living (e.g. budgeting, buying and cooking food, healthy living skills, personal care, care for one’s home environment)
- Improve the individual’s social relationship skills and confidence (e.g. making and keeping social and recreational contacts, and relationships with friends, family, neighbours and significant others)
- Access and engage with (public or private) mental health and other treatment services, including general practitioners as required to manage clients’ mental and physical health.
- Contribute to achieving client directed outcomes in regard to physical health, community connections and other relevant needs.
You will have a good understanding of Home and Community Care (HACC) programs, mental health and a minimum Cert IV qualification in Leisure and Health, Aged Care, or Individual Support. You must have experience working with individual clients and a demonstrated ability to plan, deliver and evaluate group activities (and drive a minibus).
If this sounds like you and you are ready for your next challenge, please view the full Position Description and note that you must address the Selection Criteria in a separate document.
Mentis Assist values diversity and welcomes applications from people from all walks of life. Successful applicants must undertake a successful National Police Check, hold a Working With Children Check, and undergo a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL). Mentis Assist will not employ individuals who are on the DWEL.
Applications close - 5:00PM, Friday 19th February, 2021.
For further information contact Louise Monkhouse on 5970 5000. Send applications, including a separate document addressing the Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.