Fixed Term to June 2021
Full Time (Part Time Considered)
Mentis Assist is seeking to recruit experienced mental health practitioners for the position of Care Coordinator in the Mental Health Integrated Complex Care (MHICC) program based at Frankston and covering the Mornington Peninsula Region. The program is for clients experiencing severe mental illness who have complex needs but do not currently qualify for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The program targets clients who are difficult to engage or are under-serviced. As such, it is likely that the spectrum of care will range from episodic mental ill health, as well as those with very high needs.
The program is comprised of a package of four core service elements:
Clinical nursing services
- Family support and liaison
- Care coordination and liaison (clinical and non-clinical services)
- Improving access to psychiatrist and psychological care
The Care Coordinator will work with Mental Health Nurses and Family Support and Liaison Practitioners to ensure that clients are able to access the full range of services they require.
To be eligible for consideration, you must have, as a minimum:
- Diploma of Mental Health or Community Services. Applicants with a relevant degree and experience will be considered favourably
- 3 years’ experience in a mental health or community setting
- Possess current knowledge, concepts and evidence-based theories of the individual in society
- Demonstrated skills and experience in focused psychological strategies.
- Current driving licence
Mentis Assist offers generous salary packaging and other benefits.
Applicants must first view the Position Description here.
Your application must include a brief covering letter, a current resume, and a separate document addressing each of the key selection criteria found in the Position Description.
Applications that do not address the Selection Criteria in a separate cover letter will not be considered.
Applicants must also undertake security screening i.e. National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme clearance.
Closing date: 5.00pm Friday 19th February, 2021. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please contact Stephen John, Program Manager – Clinical Services or Ann Maree Billings - Senior Credentialed Mental health Nurse on 5970 5000 or email email@example.com.