Mornington Peninsula fundraiser for mental health
Date: Sunday 20 October, 2019
The cause: The funds raised from this event will go to our charity partner Mentis Assist, a not-for-profit mental health support service that provides specialised mental health services for people (and their carers) living with a diagnosed mental illness in and outside of Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula. Mentis Assist will use these funds to promote accessible mental health and physical wellbeing opportunities that work to build strong and resilient individuals and communities.
The ride: On the morning of Sunday 20th October, our riders will meet at Peninsula Hot Springs to take off on a spectacular scenic ride around Mornington Peninsula. There are two courses to choose from – 51km or 106km. This professionally arranged and fully supported ride will be assisted by Connect Sport Australia and includes lead riders, a bike mechanic and first aid specialist. The ride will finish at Peninsula Hot Springs, where participants will enjoy a healthy set lunch and then unwind, relax and recover by bathing in our natural geothermal mineral-rich waters.
• Your choice of a 51km or 106km ride with on-road support vehicles and crew
• Morning tea and cakes at a café, plus water and bars/gels carried in a support vehicle
• Buffet-style lunch at Peninsula Hot Springs (valued at $45)
• A talk by a professional athlete sharing their personal journey
• Recovery bathing session at Peninsula Hot Springs with towel, robe and locker hire (valued at $75)
• Bathing passes for two for a return visit (valued at $110)
• Ride for Relief team jersey for wearing during the event (new design for 2019 valued at $90)
• Optional 60-minute signature full body recovery massage in the Spa Dreaming Centre at a discounted rate of $100 (usually $150) –limited bookings available
• A training program by Connect Sport Australia to help you prepare for the event
How to register:
Download brochure below and fill out your expression of interest
Ride for Relief 2018 images: