Mentis Assist provides short-term assistance for carers (family, friends) who are supporting someone with a mental or emotional illness. You do not need to live with the person and they do not need to be currently accessing services for you to be eligible.
We understand that supporting people you care about can be difficult at times and our practitioners can assist carers by:
- Strengthening your personal relationships
- Exploring ways to get regular breaks e.g. sports, recreation, support groups, respite holidays
- Developing coping strategies
- Enhancing self-care and wellbeing
- Engaging services to provide on-going support
- Providing mental health education
- Exploring possible entitlements
Our highly trained mental health practitioners support you to achieve your goals by walking beside you, offering guidance, problem solving, skill building, developing coping strategies and encouraging you along your recovery journey.